More Ways to Pay
Make purchases directly from your mobile device
AFFCU is committed to providing our members with convenient and innovative ways for you to access your money when you need it, which is why we now offer digital wallet functionality for your AFFCU Visa® Debit and Credit Card. A digital wallet allows you to make secure payments at participating retailers right from your mobile device.
Digital Wallet Is:
Simple to Set Up
- Add your AFFCU Visa Debit and Credit Card to the digital wallet app on your smartphone and smartwatch mobile devices
- Shop with a merchant that accepts digital wallet payments
- Choose the AFFCU Visa Debit or Credit Card at checkout and complete your purchase
When you link your AFFCU Visa Debit and Credit Card to your device, a unique and encrypted number is created to authorize purchases without compromising your card number and PIN. This single-use number ensures your card information is never stored or shared during checkout. Fingerprint ID and Facial Recognition security features on your mobile device offer an added layer of protection.
Easy and Contactless
There’s no need to use a physical card. Pay directly from your Apple, Google or Samsung smartphone, or choose to pay from your Fitbit or Garmin smartwatch.
Make purchases from your mobile device at millions of businesses around the world — in-store, online, in-app and at the pump. You can even instantly send and receive money to friends and family, for free.
Ditch Your Wallet for a Digital Wallet
Learn how to add your AFFCU Visa Debit and Credit Card to your device
Savings Interactive Lesson
Explore how to develop smart saving habits through the AFFCU Financial Education Center. Learn about the different types of savings accounts to consider opening so you can start stashing away that extra cash you’re earning from your AFFCU Visa Debit Card.
Making payments with Apple Pay is easy and works with the Apple devices you use every day. Apple Pay is even simpler than using your physical card, and safer too.
Transactions are a snap with Google Pay. You can check out faster and safer with the device that’s already in your hand – no need to dig for your wallet.
You can use Samsung Pay to make in-store, in-app and online purchases all from your Samsung device. Load your cards onto your devices and check out with a tap.
Access your AFFCU Visa Debit and Credit Card anytime from your wrist without your wallet. Fitbit Pay makes shopping at your favorite places more seamless than ever. You can use it anywhere you see the contactless payment symbol.
You’re always on the move and your Garmin device is always with you. Now, Garmin Pay lets you make purchases quickly and almost effortlessly with nothing needed but your watch. No wallet? No phone? No problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do purchases made with my Digital Wallet qualify for Cash Rewards?Yes, your Digital Wallet purchases will still earn Cash Rewards when using your AFFCU Debit Card.
- Can the same card be loaded on two different phones?Yes. If you and the other account holder share a card, you each can add the card to your Digital Wallet.
- Do I need to activate my physical card before I add it to my Digital Wallet?Yes. Only cards that have been activated will be successfully added to your mobile device.
- Do I need to update my Digital Wallet when my card is reissued with a new expiration date?Yes, it is important to update your Digital Wallet with any changes made to your AFFCU Card.
- Am I able to opt-out of Digital Wallet at any time?Yes, you can add or remove your AFFCU Card from your device at any time.
- Can I use my Digital Wallet to withdraw money from an AFFCU ATM or ITM?You cannot use your Digital Wallet at an ATM or ITM. Digital Wallet is intended for purchases.
- Is Digital Wallet Free?Yes, there is no charge to use Digital Wallet services; however, depending on your data plan, message and data rates may apply.
- What happens if my AFFCU Card is lost or stolen?Contact us immediately. We will cancel your card. You should remove your card from your Digital Wallet. When you receive a replacement card, you will need to load it back into your Digital Wallet.
- What if my device is lost or stolen?Device manufactures may have tools to help you remotely locate, lock or remove personal information from your device. Your smartphone or smartwatch may also have added security features, such as Fingerprint ID, Facial Recognition and passcodes to prevent fraudulent transactions.
- What if I get a new device?Be sure to do a factory reset on your old device to ensure your personal information isn’t compromised. Then, add your AFFCU Card into your new device’s Digital Wallet.
- How do I know where I can use my Digital Wallet?Digital Wallet is accepted at most places you already shop. Look for the contactless payment symbol at checkout or ask your cashier.
- What if my transaction is declined?If your transaction has been declined, call us so we can review your transactions and account.
- Do I need the AFFCU Mobile App to use my Digital Wallet?No, you don’t need to have the AFFCU Mobile App on your device to use Digital Wallet. However, the AFFCU Mobile App is great tool to help you view transactions, check your balance and deposit funds.