Attention Graduating High School Seniors
AFFCU will be awarding four non-renewable scholarships—for $5,000 each.Apply Today
2020 Scholarships for Graduating High School Seniors
AFFCU will be awarding FOUR non-renewable scholarships—for $5,000 each.
Eligible applicants must be graduating high school seniors and either a member or dependent of a member in good standing at AFFCU. They must meet admission requirements for an accredited two or four-year college, university or vocational school, be a full-time student and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA based on a 4.0 scale. San Antonio area 2019-2020 high school seniors should ask their school counselors for the Bexar County Scholarship Clearing House/Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation Scholarship Application. By using this comprehensive application, a student will be applying for AFFCU scholarships as well as many other scholarships. If a student does not live in San Antonio or is unable to get the application directly from their high school counselor, they can download the application by clicking the link below.
The application deadline is November 1, 2019 by 4:00 PM CST.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the process of applying for one of these scholarships work?
How it WorksSTEP 1. Meet the qualifications as mentioned on the Overview page for consideration of one of our scholarships.STEP 2. Download the AFFCU scholarship application from our site if you wish to apply only for one of our AFFCU scholarships. Students in Bexar County can request a Bexar County Scholarship Clearinghouse application from their counselors, which will allow you to apply for all Bexar county scholarships available to you.STEP 3. Send the application to the address on the form – not the credit union – by the deadline. The deadline for our 2019 Scholarship Program is 4:00 pm on Friday, November 1, 2019.Mail your completed application packet to the following address: MINNIE STEVENS PIPER FOUNDATION, 1250 NE Loop 410, Suite 810, San Antonio, Texas 78209-1539
- Can I submit my application at an AFFCU branch?No, we will not be accepting applications through our credit union. We ask that you please send the application to the address on the application form – not the credit union – by the deadline. The deadline for our 2020 Scholarship Program is 4:00 pm on Friday, November 1, 2019.
- I live outside of Bexar County and San Antonio. Can I still qualify?Yes! Student applicants can live anywhere nationwide. However, they must be a member or dependent of a member in good standing at AFFCU. They also can only apply through the AFFCU scholarship application downloadable on the GoAFFCU.com website.
- How will I be notified if I am awarded one of the AFFCU scholarships?All received applications will be reviewed in February-March 2020. Winners will be presented with their awards at AFFCU's Annual Membership Meeting in late March 2020.
- I am an employee of the credit union. Can my child be entered to win one of the four AFFCU Scholarships?No. Children, stepchildren and grandchildren of AFFCU employees and board members are not eligible to participate in the scholarship program.
- What is the deadline to apply each year?The deadline typically falls on the first Friday in November to be considered for the following year’s scholarship. This year's deadline is Friday, November 1, 2019.
- How do you determine the winners?Scholarships are awarded based on academics, leadership, community service, and personal recommendations.
- How do I know if I've won?We will reach out to all of the winners in March to let you know if you’ve won. We will not contact you unless you are selected as a winner. Winners are presented with their awards in March at the credit union’s Annual Membership Meeting.