New Security Alert: Phone Scam
AFFCU has been alerted to members being solicited to acquire their personal account information. The caller requests the member’s pin number for their debit card and may also act as though they are validating transactions.
AFFCU will NEVER ask you for your personal information including:
- Debit card number
- PIN number
- AFFCU account number
- CyberMAT online banking password
How to protect yourself:
- AFFCU will never call you and ask you for your personal account information, as we already have this information.
- If you receive a call and are solicited to acquire your personal information, please disconnect the call. Call us back directly using the phone number printed on the back of your card or on our official website.
- Never provide financial information to the caller, especially if you did not initiate the call.
- To learn about other scams and ways to protect yourself, visit FTC.gov.
If you have received one of these calls or notice any unauthorized transactions on your account and believe your information has been compromised, please call us immediately at 210.673.5610 or 800.227.5328.