Loan Reduction Rewards
Ready for a lower rate?
We appreciate our loyal members, which means we want to reward them for their commitment to AFFCU, and their investment in the credit union as a member-owner. That’s why we offer our rewards program.
Here’s how it works. Each of the reduction items below lets you earn points towards rate reduction. You can combine them for a maximum of 50 basis points off your loan.
- An open checking account with a positive balance as of the date of the loan AND a direct deposit set up on that checking account – 20 basis points rate reduction reward.
- Have 3 or more loans with AFFCU (including the new loan) – 20 basis points rate reduction reward.
- Have more than $10,000 combined on deposit in any type of non-checking account, being the primary or joint account holder at the time of the loan – 50 basis points rate reduction reward.
- Be assigned to any of the JBSA bases (Ft. Sam Houston, Lackland or Randolph) OR work for the Department of Defense on any of the JBSA bases – 10 basis points rate reduction reward.
Only valid on loans acquired on or after September 1, 2016. Loan products that are not eligible for the rate reduction program are: Credit Card, Home Improvement, Home Equity, Share Secured and Redi-credit.
Share Certificate Rewards
Get better rates on your share certificates1 today and do it the easy way.
It’s simple—the more services you have with AFFCU, the better your rate will be.
Here’s how it works:
- If you have an AFFCU loan AND checking account with direct deposit – receive a 20 basis point bonus reward2.
- If you have an AFFCU loan OR checking account with direct deposit – receive a 10 basis point bonus reward2.
Either of these packages can earn you up to a maximum of 20 basis points on top of your rate. So take advantage of your AFFCU membership now. Get better share certificate rates and earnings today!
1 Penalty will be imposed for early withdrawal. Fees could reduce earnings on the account. Other restrictions may apply.
2 Only applied at the time of opening the certificate.