- How do I sign up for bill pay?You must first sign up for CyberMAT. Through CyberMAT, you sign up for Bill Pay. Sign up for Bill Pay and Pay Bills by clicking on Pay Bills. You will need to disable your popup blockers to use Bill Pay as it appears in a different window, or you can hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on the Bill Pay link.
- Is there a fee for Bill Pay?No. Bill pay is free, although there are some options on Bill Pay that have a fee, such as express payments and PopMoney. The fee will always be disclosed up front and you will be given terms and conditions which you must accept.
- What accounts can I use to pay bills from?Bills can be paid from Checking or Money Market Accounts. Bills cannot be paid from the Savings Account.
- Can I put a stop on payments?Stop payments can be placed on certain Bill Pay checks (but not all) for the normal $29.00 fee. Check with a Member Contact Center Support Specialist to see if a stop payment can be placed. Once processed, you cannot stop an electronic payment and would need to work with the merchant to get the funds back.
- When can a stop payment be placed with no fee?If a stop payment is placed at least 10 days after the scheduled payment due date OR if there was an error by Check Free, then no stop payment fee will be charged.
- Can I sign up for bill pay on the Mobile App?No. You can pay bills using the Go AFFCU mobile app, however, you'll have to sign up for bill pay from a desktop or laptop device.
- Can I use bill pay through the Mobile App?Yes. Pay your bills online and view recent payments instantly through the Go AFFCU mobile app.
- Do the Business accounts come with Bill Pay?Yes, Business accounts offer Bill Pay for a fee of $10 per month for unlimited bills.
- Can I get a debit card with a Business account?Yes, either of the Business Checking accounts comes with a debit card for each Authorized Signer.
- Is there a initial deposit required?Yes. The initial opening deposit is $100 for both of our business checking accounts.
- Are there any processing fees?For our Standard account, there is a fee of $0.20 per transaction, if you exceed 100 transactions. For the Plus account, the same fee applies if you exceed 250 transactions.
- Are there any monthly fees?Yes. The Standard Business accounts comes with a low $10.00 monthly fee, while the Plus accounts costs just $15.00 per month. You may be able to offset your monthly fee by maintaining a minimum daily balance of $2,500.00.
Credit Card Rewards
- How do I earn points?Earn one point for every one dollar spent on your AFFCU Visa Platinum Credit Card.
- Where do I go to redeem my points?Log into your AFFCU CU Rewards account. Once logged in, you will be taken to your account homepage. In the top navigation bar, on the far right side, you will be able to view your 'points balance'.
Click on your 'points balance'. Here you will be taken to the Redemption page, where you can redeem your points.
- Will my points ever expire?Yes. Points will expire after five years. The year in which they are earned will be deemed the first year and will expire on December 31 of the fifth year. E.G. Points earned in August 2018 will expire on December 31, 2022.
- What if I'm not interested in the merchandise or travel rewards?No worries. We also have retail gift cards available, so you can choose the reward that's absolutely perfect for you.
- Can I use my points after I close my credit card?No. You must use your points before closing your AFFCU Visa Platinum Credit Card.
- Are there any other rules or restrictions for redeeming my points?Accounts must be open and in good standing (not canceled or terminated by either party; not delinquent, over limit, or otherwise not available to use for charges) at time of redemption. Awards are not available when a cardholder is in default under the card agreement. AFFCU reserved the right to suspend the cardholder's participation in the program until the account is in good standing. Points are forfeited if/when the card account is closed for any reason.
- Do I need a computer to receive eStatements?No, all you need is an email address. View your eStatements on the Go AFFCU mobile app if a computer is not available to use.
- Can I change my email address at any time?Yes, log in to CyberMAT, click on the eStatements tab. Under 'Settings' there is a place to change your email address.
- Can I get both eStatements and paper statements?No, you can have one or the other.
- How do I sign up for eStatements?It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3…
- Simply login to your account via CyberMAT Online Banking and click on the Documents tab;
- Then click on eStatements (it’s in the blue menu bar under the tabs);
- At the next window prompt, enter your email address (where you want to receive your eStatements) and click the ‘I agree’ button and you’re done!
- Am I required to change to eStatements?No, you are not required to switch to electronic statements. However, we highly encourage you to switch, because it is safer and more secure, and you avoid the $3.00 fee.
- How much is the paper statements fee?Members who receive a paper statement will be charged a monthly fee of $3.00 per paper statement, on the first of each month.
- How do I know if I’m already signed up for eStatements?There are two ways you can know if you are enrolled:
- If you receive a monthly email from AFFCU with your eStatements link;
- When you login to your account via CyberMAT and:
- Click on the Documents tab;
- Click on the eStatements option (in the blue menu bar under the tabs);
- If you are taken to the eStatements portal you’re good to go! If not, you can then switch to eStatements.
- How does managing my finances electronically benefit me?When you manage your finances electronically is good for the environment and good for you. There are many benefits to going green:
- Safe and Secure: About 85% of Identity Theft cases are due to paper transactions, lost checkbooks and stolen bills, statements and check payments1. Security of your information is our priority.
- Saves you Money: members receiving online statements and making payments electronically can maintain tighter control over accounts and save more money:
- The costs of postage and check stock add up to more than $100 per year, members can save by making payments electronically, instead of by paper check.
- eStatements are free and you get no paper statement fee!
- Members receiving eStatements are more likely to discover fraud attempts and prevent hundreds of dollars in losses.
- By getting a larger portion of our membership to switch to electronic statements, we can save thousands of dollars, which will then be returned to our members in the form of better rates and higher dividends!
- Saves you Time: the average member saves 2.5 minutes per bill when paying electronically instead of with a check and saves over 10 min per bill when going to each individual website to pay utilities and services online.2
- Do I need to have any special software to view eStatements?You need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed in your computer. This software is free. You can download it here.
- What state does my property need to be located in to apply for an AFFCU Home Improvement loan?Loans must be on single family detached residential property located in Texas or Colorado. Please check back as additional states will become available in the future.
- Do I have to occupy the home I want to do the Home Improvement loan on?Yes. It must be your primary residence, however in the case of a vacation or second home, you can get the loan on it as long as it is not used as a rental property.
- Do we have to add our lien on a Home Improvement loan?Yes. The money is lent to you based upon the equity of your home which requires us to add our lien against the property.
- Can I purchase supplies ahead of time?No work may begin or supplies purchased prior to the loan funding.
- What if I didn’t want to get a contractor and wanted to do the repairs myself?A licensed contractor is required. You cannot perform the work without one.
- What if I am a licensed contractor? Will I be able to do the improvements myself?Yes. If you are a licensed contractor, you can perform the work as you would any other project as long as you act independent of the project.
- Do I have to set up an escrow account?No escrow account is required.
- Do I have to get homeowner’s insurance?Homeowner’s insurance is required to cover the loan amount and any prior liens.
- Can I find contact information within the Go AFFCU mobile app?You'll be able to quickly access important contact information, including phone, fax numbers and more. You can also get mailing or email addresses you need to contact the credit union.
- Can I deposit checks with the Go AFFCU mobile app?In order to qualify for Mobile Deposit you must meet all the following: Your checking account must be opened for at least 30 days. Also, you’ll need to be registered for Home Banking and signed up for e-statements with a current and valid e-mail address. The account must be in good standing, including being current on all loans with AFFCU. View the full Mobile Deposit Terms of Agreement.
- Does the Go AFFCU mobile app offer live chat?Yes! Talk with a credit union representative through live chat for quick answers and assistance. Live Chat is available during Member Contact Center hours.
- Do you offer a search tool within the Go AFFCU mobile app?Yes, we do! You'll be able to access a powerful search in the palm of your hand. Use the keyword search tool to quickly find your balances, deposits, account summary and more.
- How are your home loans handled?Our home loans are handled in partnership with SWBC, a top-rated lending company. This allows us to give our members access to the HomePlus™ program.
- Are there any limits on how many times the HomePlus™ Program may be used?No, HomePlus™ may be used whenever there is a need to buy or sell a home.
- Does a home buyer have to be pre-approved first to use HomePlus™?Yes. To aid the home finding process, SWBC has agreed to provide the agents in the HomePlus™ network with pre-approved borrowers. Speak to our loan officer or ask your HomePlus™ Coordinator about obtaining a pre-approval letter.
Online Banking (CyberMAT)
- I don’t remember my username. What should I do?Once you have registered, you can reset your username by clicking on the “Forgot Username?” link on the login screen of CyberMAT. You will be asked to answer some questions and then an email will be sent to your registered email account with more instructions. After you have completed this process you will be allowed to reset your username and log into the system.
- I don’t remember my password. What should I do?Once you have registered, you can reset your password by clicking on the “Forgot Password?” link on the login screen of CyberMAT. You will be asked to answer some questions, and then an email will be sent to your registered email account with more instructions. After you have completed this process, you will be allowed to reset your password and log into the system.
- I don’t remember my username, password, or security questions and answers. What should I do?You will have to contact AFFCU in order to have your account reset. The best time to contact AFFCU to handle your request is Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST, or Saturday, 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM CST . After your account has been reset, you will be allowed to re-register your account for CyberMAT.
- I haven’t logged in for several months and now I am unable to log in. What should I do?You must log into your CyberMAT account at least once every 120 days or your enrollment in CyberMAT will be considered inactive and you will need to re-register for the service. Please follow the links to complete the registration process.
- How much can I borrow for a personal loan?We offer a range of personal loans from $500 to $25,000 so you can find one that fits your circumstances.
Platinum Credit Card
- What will be my minimum monthly payment?2.5% of the balance or $10.00; whichever is greater.
- Does my credit card charge a foreign-transaction fee?Yes, when traveling abroad, there is a Visa International Service Fee, that is 1% of the transaction amount.
- Is there a late payment fee?Yes. It can be up to $37.00, but no greater than the minimum payment amount.
- What security protections does this card have?We're glad you asked. Security is of utmost importance to us. Each of our cards comes with:
- EMV Technology—this chip-enabled security provides an extra layer of security when used in a chip card reader.
- Verified by Visa—a free, simple-to-use service that confirms your identity with an extra password when you make an online purchase.
- Zero Liability Protection—you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information.
- How much can I qualify for?The minimum amount is $300. The maximum amount is $25,000.
- Can I choose the amount of the advance or is it a set amount?The minimum advance is $50.00, and you cannot exceed the limit of your loan.
- How can I figure out what my payment is?The payment is calculated at 3% of the outstanding balance.
- What is the minimum monthly payment?The minimum monthly payment is $10.
- Is a payment required each month?Yes, a payment is required is month.
- What if I want to make a large payment, will I still have to make a monthly payment?A minimum payment is due each month regardless of how large the previous payment made was.
- What if I want to pay several months in advance?Unfortunately, a minimum monthly payment is due. However, you can set up a bill payment or an automatic transfer to take the payments out of a designated account for the months you want to pay in advance.
- How does the credit union come up with the rates for Redi-Credit?The interest rate is a variable rate which is indexed to the Wall Street Journal Prime Rate plus 4%. It is published on Bankrate's website on the last day of June and December of each year.
- Do I need to provide proof of income?Proof of income is required if you are under 21 or if specified on your approval.
- Can I get checks for my Redi-Credit loan?Yes. You can order a book of 25 checks with any branch FSR or Member Contact Center staff.
- How does the process of applying for one of these scholarships work?
How it WorksSTEP 1. Meet the qualifications as mentioned on the Overview page for consideration of one of our scholarships.STEP 2. Download the AFFCU scholarship application from our site if you wish to apply only for one of our AFFCU scholarships. Students in Bexar County can request a Bexar County Scholarship Clearinghouse application from their counselors, which will allow you to apply for all Bexar county scholarships available to you.STEP 3. Send the application to the address on the form – not the credit union – by the deadline. The deadline for our 2019 Scholarship Program is 4:00 pm on Friday, November 1, 2019.Mail your completed application packet to the following address: MINNIE STEVENS PIPER FOUNDATION, 1250 NE Loop 410, Suite 810, San Antonio, Texas 78209-1539
- Can I submit my application at an AFFCU branch?No, we will not be accepting applications through our credit union. We ask that you please send the application to the address on the application form – not the credit union – by the deadline. The deadline for our 2020 Scholarship Program is 4:00 pm on Friday, November 1, 2019.
- I live outside of Bexar County and San Antonio. Can I still qualify?Yes! Student applicants can live anywhere nationwide. However, they must be a member or dependent of a member in good standing at AFFCU. They also can only apply through the AFFCU scholarship application downloadable on the GoAFFCU.com website.
- How will I be notified if I am awarded one of the AFFCU scholarships?All received applications will be reviewed in February-March 2020. Winners will be presented with their awards at AFFCU's Annual Membership Meeting in late March 2020.
- I am an employee of the credit union. Can my child be entered to win one of the four AFFCU Scholarships?No. Children, stepchildren and grandchildren of AFFCU employees and board members are not eligible to participate in the scholarship program.
- What is the deadline to apply each year?The deadline typically falls on the first Friday in November to be considered for the following year’s scholarship. This year's deadline is Friday, November 1, 2019.
- How do you determine the winners?Scholarships are awarded based on academics, leadership, community service, and personal recommendations.
- How do I know if I've won?We will reach out to all of the winners in March to let you know if you’ve won. We will not contact you unless you are selected as a winner. Winners are presented with their awards in March at the credit union’s Annual Membership Meeting.
Student Reloadable Cards
- Where can I find more information about fees for Student Reloadable Visa® Cards?
- How do I order a Student Reloadable VISA® Card?STEP 1. You can order a Student Reloadable VISA® Card online by clicking here.
STEP 2. On the website, click on the "Order Yours Today!" button in the banner ad. Or click on the "Order" tab at the top of the page.
STEP 3. You will be directed to the "Sign Up - Getting Started" online form page. Fill in the text boxes on each of the 5 step pages. Click "Submit" - and you're done! The card will be shipped to you at the billing address you've provided. If you choose free First Class Shipping, the card will take 5-7 business days to arrive in the mail.
There are alternative options for ordering a Student Reloadable VISA® Card. You can choose to instead order a card by calling 866.901.8090 or you can visit your nearest local AFFCU branch who will be able to assist you through this process.
- Can a card be instant issued in an AFFCU branch?No, a card cannot be instant issued in a branch.
- Are there requirements I need to meet to order a card?The card can be purchased online by members only for their children's use. The child must be at least 13 years of age, and members are required to provide their child's social security number to order the card. The first step is registering yourself, after which you can purchase card(s). Be sure to log in to your account if you choose to order more cards for additional children in the future, so they will all be linked under the same account.
- How long does it take to get the card?The card will take 5-7 business days to arrive. It will be mailed to the billing address you've provided, which can be whatever address you enter for the child. Express shipping is available for $25.00 per card.
- How do I activate my Student Reloadable VISA® Card and obtain my PIN?You can activate your card by logging into MyAccount and clicking on the Activate Card button, or by calling the customer support number listed on the back of your card. On the website, choose Change PIN to choose your PIN. Over the phone, an assigned PIN will be automatically spoken after your card is activated and you'll be given the opportunity to select a new PIN if you choose.
- How does the Student Reloadable VISA® Card work?It's a reloadable prepaid Visa® debit card, which means you can spend up to the value placed on the card anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. You can shop in stores, online, over the phone, and by mail order. You can get cash at ATM's worldwide. Each time you make a purchase, the amount of that purchase is automatically deducted from the card.
- How do I know the balance on my Student Reloadable VISA® Card?You can check the balance at the website, by contacting your local branch, or by calling customer support at 1.866.901.8090. Since a merchant may not be able to tell how much money is on the card, keeping track of your balance is a sure way to know how much you have to spend.
- Where can my Student Reloadable VISA® Card be used?Your card can be used to make purchases at millions of Visa debit locations worldwide. It can also be used to obtain cash at ATMs worldwide.
- How do I add funds to my child's card through the IVR (phone system)?1. To reload a card on the IVR, call 866-901-8090. 2. Enter the 16 digit card number you wish to add funds to. 3. When asked if your name is on the card, choose option 2 for no. 4. Enter the last 4 digits of your social security number (not the child's). Choose option 5 (you must already have a funding account registered on the website). 5. Choose option 1 to fund from your existing funding account. Follow the prompts.
- Can I purchase a Student Reloadable VISA® Card as a gift?No, they cannot be given as a gift. You can purchase the card for you child's general purpose use.
- Is there a fee when I travel to another country?Yes, the fee is 1% of the transaction amount.
- What should I do if the card is lost or stolen?Lost/stolen cards can be reported using the phone number of 866-901-8090 or to the AFFCU Deposit Admin Department. Cards that need to be replaced due to damage, but are not lost or stolen, will need to be handled by the AFFCU Deposit Admin Department.
- How much does it cost to open a JetSpace Checking Account?You can open an account for just $25. After that, you will not need to maintain a minimum balance to keep the account open.
- Do I have to have a JetSpace Savings account in order to open a JetSpace Checking account?Yes, you must have a JetSpace Savings account open in order to open the JetSpace Checking account.
- Is there a monthly service fee for this account?No, there is not a monthly service fee for this account.
- What happens to my account when I turn 18 years of age?When you turn 18, your JetSpace Checking account will automatically convert to a Value Checking. A letter will be mailed with the option to convert your account to a premium checking account.
- Can I get a debit card with this account?Yes, both the primary and joint can have a debit card.
- Can I order checks with this account?Yes, you can order checks for this account.
- How much do I need to open an account?Both the Coindexter and JetSpace savings accounts can be opened with just $5.00.
- Do I need to have a parent on the account?Yes, you must have a parent or legal guardian named as joint on the account. If there is a legal guardian, guardianship papers will be required.
- Am I eligible for a debit card with either of the Youth Savings accounts?No, neither of the Youth Savings accounts is eligible for a debit card.