AFFCU Elite Checking
Our Most Exclusive
At AFFCU, when we say ‘elite’, we mean ‘elite’. The AFFCU Elite Checking Account is our most exclusive checking account with the most premium benefits. This low-fee account is designed for those who are interested in earning high interest rates and the best benefits.
- Minimum Opening Deposit: $25
- Monthly Service Fee: $6
- $0 Monthly Service Fee with Minimum Daily Balance of $50,000
Standard Features Include
- FREE Visa Debit Card (Signature and Pin-Based Transactions)
- FREE Online Bill Pay
- FREE CyberMAT Online Banking
- FREE AFFCU Mobile Banking App (Android and iPhone)
- FREE MAT Telephone Banking
- FREE eStatements
- Earns Interest
- Popmoney (person to person) available
- Access to nearly 30,000 Surcharge-Free CO-OP ATMs
- Access to over 5,000 Shared Branch locations (After 30 days)
1 Transactions that qualify for Cash Rewards will receive 12 cents cash back for every signature-based transaction made with a debit card that is five dollars or more. Not all checking accounts are eligible for Cash Rewards. The credit union reserves the right to determine if transactions processed under the Cash Rewards program are usual and customary. For transactions that are not usual and customary, they are 1) not eligible for the rewards payment and 2) may result in a loss of debit card privileges and any accrued rewards cash.
2 Courtesy Pay is not a guarantee and must be qualified for. It is not available for all checking account and limits and fees will apply.Rates Effective as of: 12-10-2019
Elite Checking Benefits Include:
$0 Monthly Service Fee with Minimum Daily Balance of $50,000
Fee-free AFFCU Visa® Gift Cards
Three FREE Boxes of Standard Checks Per Calendar Year
Courtesy Pay2 up to $1,000
No AFFCU Foreign ATM Transaction Fees
No AFFCU Foreign ATM Inquiry Fees
No Overdraft Protection Transfer Fees
View All Checking Accounts
Checking Account Interactive Lesson
Explore how checking accounts work through the AFFCU Financial Education Center. Learn about their features, how to make payments with a check, and the difference between a debit and credit card.
Rates Effective as of: 12-10-2019
Account Minimum Balance Dividend Rates APY* Elite Checking1 $0.01 – $9,999.99 0.20% 0.20% $10,000.00 – $24,999.99 0.50% 0.20% – 0.38% $25,000.00 – $49,999.99 0.65% 0.38% – 0.52% $50,000.00 – $99,999.99 0.85% 0.52% – 0.68% $100,000.00 – $249,999.99 1.05% 0.68% – 0.90% $250,000.00 – $500,000.00 1.25% 0.90% – 1.08% $500,000.01 and greater 0.00% 1.08% and less
* APY = Annual Percentage Yield as of August 1, 2019
1 Elite Checking = There is a $6.00 monthly fee associated with this account. This account provides access to Courtesy Pay Overdraft Protection, subject to qualification with a maximum tolerance of $1,000 and Cash Rewards – a separate enrollment is required. This account provides three standard orders of Credit Union design checks per calendar year. When this account is accessed at an ATM that is not affiliated with our affiliated ATM Network(s) we will not charge a fee, however the owner of the machine may charge a surcharge for using their machine. Using the automated transfer overdraft option from either an affiliated share account or line of credit will not be charged transaction fees. Purchasing VISA Gift Cards from us using this account will result in no fee being assessed for the Gift Card Purchase. Beginning May 1, 2018, this account will offer tiered high-yield dividend rates. Dividends cease to earn on balances greater than $500,000.00. Maintaining a minimum balance in the account of $50,000 during the calendar month will result in the monthly fee being waived.
- Dividends are earned by balances within each balance range based on day end balances. For example if your balance at the end of a day was $30,000.00 dividends would earn the rate for that day on $9,999.99 for the dividend rate for that band; the balances of $10,000.00 through $24,999.99 would earn the rate for the balances for that band, and the balance from $25,000 through $30,000.00 would earn the rate for the band $25,000.00 to $49,999.99. As a result, the Annual Percentage Yield (APY) will vary by the balance contained in each band - which results in the APY being displayed as a range which depends on the actual balances within the bands.