Earn More with an AFFCU Share Certificate
If you are looking to stash away some cash for a few years and earn some extra money while you do it, open your share certificate1 today! AFFCU offers great rates that just keep getting better.
But it doesn’t end there. Earn even more money on your share certificate with Member Rewards2. The more services you have, the better your rate! You can earn up to a maximum of 20 basis points on top of your rate, giving you more bang for your buck!
Let your AFFCU membership start working for you! View our rates to find which share certificate option better fits your needs. Call us at 210.673.5610, or toll free at 800.227.5328, to start earning more money by opening a new share certificate or renewing yours today.
1 Penalty will be imposed for early withdrawal. Fees could reduce earnings on the account. Other restrictions may apply.
2 Only applied at the time of opening the certificate.
Reduce your Auto Loan Interest Rate with Member Rewards
As a valued member, did you know there are several ways you can reduce your interest rate on your auto loan?
AFFCU’s Member Rewards program lets you earn a rate reduction on your loan the easy way.
Here’s how it works:
- Have an open checking account with a positive balance as of the date of the loan AND have direct deposit to that checking account and receive a 20 basis points rate reduction reward.
- Have 3 or more loans with AFFCU (including the new loan) and receive a 20 basis points rate reduction reward.
- Have more than $10,000 combined on deposit in any type of non-checking account, while being the primary or joint account holder at the time of the loan and receive a 50 basis points rate reduction reward.
- Members who are either assigned to any of the JBSA bases (Ft. Sam Houston, Lackland, or Randolph) OR work for the Department of Defense on any of the JBSA bases receive a 10 basis points rate reduction reward.
Combine any of these packages to earn up to a maximum of 50 basis points off your loan rate!
This is our way of saying “Thank You” for being a loyal member. Apply online, call 210.673.5610, or toll free at 800.227.5328, for more information.
Only valid on loans acquired on or after September 1, 2016. Loan products that are not eligible for the rate reduction program are: Credit Card, Home Improvement, Home Equity, Share Secured and Redi-credit.
Coming Soon: Scholarships for 2019 Graduating High School Seniors
What better way to end your final year of high school, than with a college scholarship! AFFCU will be awarding a $4,000, non-renewable scholarship to four high school seniors that will be graduating in 2019.
To apply, eligible applicants must be a graduating high school senior and either a member or dependent of a member in good standing at AFFCU. They must meet admission requirements for an accredited two or four-year college, university, or vocational school, be a full-time student and maintain a 3.0 GPA based on a 4.0 scale.
Look for more information on our website the first week of September on how your high school senior can apply.
President’s Letter: Giving You Options
People like options. I like options. Whether you’re at a restaurant, shopping online or purchasing a vehicle, you want the freedom to choose the product or service that best fits your needs. We understand that, and it is why we revamped our checking accounts.
When we rolled out the new AFFCU checking account program this past May, they contained many options, such as free checks, overdraft coverage and even a free checking account. But the best option we created was the Elite Checking account.
This checking account contains the best benefits of all the checking accounts…and the best returns. It has the highest paid dividends on non-term account balances, and includes Cash Back Rewards and no AFFCU Foreign Transaction and Inquiry fees. Though this has a minimal monthly fee, it is a checking account that can practically pay for itself.
One feature that can really be of value is the unlimited free AFFCU Visa® Gift Cards. As we enter the holiday season, you can save on every gift card you get! Yes, every little savings adds up and choosing this checking account can be the best option for you.
Find out how you can switch to an Elite Checking account. Give us a call or visit a branch and an AFFCU representative will help put you in the best checking option for you.
As always, I remain in service to you
Robert “Bob” Glenn
Get Financially Fit for Life
The AFFCU Financial Education Center is an online financial education program designed to help educate our members and their families, regardless if they are a member or not.
This FREE education platform will help you learn how to manage your money more effectively and make personalized decisions that strengthen your financial future.
Perks of the program include:
- A series of short, interactive learning modules on key financial topics that are 2-7 minutes long.
- Action plans to help you take the next step.
- Mobile and tablet enabled so you can learn anytime, anywhere.
- Courses available in both English and Spanish.
- Open to members and non-members.
Get on track to change the way you handle your finances. Start your journey today or call us at 210.673.5610 or toll free at 800.227.5328 for more information.
Tips to Bounce Back after a Natural Disaster Hits
Picking up the pieces after any kind of natural disaster is never easy. Right now, people are finding themselves displaced due to large area fires or flooding. Fortunately, most people are resilient and over time are able to bounce back from such tragedies. Tips that you can use to make the task less stressful include:
- Contact your insurance company and figure out what are the next steps to getting your damaged property assessed.
- Be cautious of scams when looking for a place to rent, especially when asked to send money anywhere.
- Call any lenders you may have. Although things like your home or vehicles may be damaged or destroyed, you still owe a payment on them. Ask your lenders if they are providing any relief efforts.
- If you had to leave without any of your vital records, learn how you can replace them by visiting USA.gov.
- You may have people asking you for your personal information. Ask for identification before giving it out. Verify that you aren’t dealing with a scammer posing as a government official.
For more information on how you can recover from a natural disaster, visit FTC.gov.