Late last year, we went into partnership with a new mortgage lending provider: Member Home Loan. This company has been in business many years providing quality mortgage products to credit unions. They know the business of buying a home inside and out.
We’re excited to offer AFFCU members the opportunity to have these services available to them. Make no mistake, you will still be doing business with AFFCU. Your mortgage payments will be with the Credit Union. Now, you’ll just have experts in the mortgage business helping you through the whole home buying process.
Starting with your pre-approval for a mortgage application to the final closing of your home, they will be right there with you. Member Home Loan also offers many mortgage products that best fit your needs, such as a FHA, VA, Max Mortgage or even a 100% financing mortgage loan.
If you’re thinking about buying or even refinancing, take a look at our preferred partner Member Home Loan. Their representatives are readily available to take your questions. They’re a knowledgeable resource and can help welcome you into your new home.
In service I remain,
Let Your Car Payments Take A Backseat
If you’re in the market for a new or used vehicle, or simply want to refinance your existing loan, AFFCU has the best options for you.
We’re offering no payments for 90 days, rates as low as 3.29% APR*, with flexible terms up to 84 months.
The application process is fast and easy. But hurry, this promotion is available for a limited time.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate as of April 1, 2020 and subject to change at any time without notice. APR based on evaluation of applicant’s credit, age of the auto, and term. Your APR may vary. Not all applicants will qualify for the lowest rate. Monthly payment is based on payment per $1,000 for term and rate shown above. For new auto, estimated monthly payment per $1,000 borrowed at 3.29% APR for 60 months is $18.10. Maximum rate reduction is 50 basis points. No vehicle payment for first 90-days excludes internal refinances and is subject to change at any time. All loans subject to credit approval. Membership eligibility required.
AFFCU Loan Relief Program
AFFCU is offering many programs and services to assist our members impacted by COVID-19, including:
- Loan Extension Program – You can now skip your payments for the next 60 days on your eligible AFFCU loan without paying a fee, and we are making the application process easy and stress-free. Simply call our Member Contact Center, answer a few questions and you’re done! If you would like to request a loan extension on your AFFCU loan, call us today at 800.227.5328.
- Pandemic/Disaster Loan – We are offering a special loan for those members encountering financial hardship, and are in need of help with the basics, such as groceries and gas. Our PDL has a maximum amount of $2,500, offers rates as low as 7.00% APR*, and terms up to 24 months. Loan subject to credit approval.
AFFCU has been actively monitoring the developments regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, and may continue to modify its branch access and operations as the situation progresses. We encourage members to check this page regularly for updates as the situation continues to unfold.
*APR= Annual Percentage Rate as of March 20, 2020 and subject to change at any time without notice. Loan is subject to credit approval. A PDL is available to members in good standing with AFFCU. Rates, terms and conditions are subject to change and may vary based on creditworthiness. Not all applicants will qualify for the maximum loan amount. Some additional restrictions may apply. Membership eligibility required. For a PDL, estimated monthly payment per $1,000 borrowed at 7.00% APR is $44.79.
Stimulus Check Becomes Target for Scammers
After the announcement of the federal stimulus package, scammers have wasted no time trying to cash in on the COVID-19 pandemic. Fraudsters are contacting people through email, text messages, social media, and phone calls to trick you into sending them your stimulus check. Here are some ways to avoid getting swindled.
- Beware of social media posts and websites promoting a special grant to help pay medical bills that ask for your personal information under the guise of needing to verify your identity.
- Stay suspicious of callers promising your funds earlier or larger payment amounts in return for a processing fee.
- Be on the lookout for phishing emails, where scammers pretending to be from the government ask you to “sign-up” for the checks.
- Coronavirus stimulus payments will likely be direct deposited. If you are not planning to have your pay deposited into your account, watch out for counterfeit checks and others attempting to cash your check for themselves.
Share these tips with your friends and family to keep them financially safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
1 – Lazarus, Ari. “Want to get your Coronavirus relief check? Scammers do too.” Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information. Federal Trade Commission, 03 April 2020
Attention: The following additions and changes to our fee schedule will go into effect on May 1, 2020.
- Extended Share Overdraft Fee1 – $6
If you have any questions about the changes, please contact us toll-free at 800.227.5328.
1 Charged to the share on each sixth (6th) day the share balance is negative for five (5) consecutive days.
Get Paid to Spend
Did you know? You’re eligible for FREE CASH every time you use your AFFCU Visa Debit Card. Each time you make a qualifying signature-based transaction with your AFFCU Visa Debit Card, you will earn 12 cents*!
That’s right! Receive 12 cents cash back for every signature-based transaction that is $5 or more when you use your debit card and have an Elite, Plus, or Advantage Checking account.
Your total cash back funds will be deposited directly into your AFFCU checking account at the end of each month or you can opt to donate the funds to the Airman Heritage Foundation.
Enroll in Cash Rewards today and start earning while you spend! Not sure you’re enrolled? Call us at toll-free at 800.227.5328.
* Transactions that qualify for Cash Rewards will receive 12 cents cash back for every signature-based transaction made that is five dollars or more. Must have a Checking Account and a Debit Card to be enrolled in Debit Card Cash Rewards. Not all checking accounts are eligible for Cash Rewards. Cash Rewards will be deposited to the member’s checking account on the last day of the month in which transactions occurred. If member chooses to donate their cash rewards, the Cash Rewards will immediately transfer to the account of the chosen beneficiary upon payment.
Spring Cleaning Your Way to Better Finances
The signs of spring are beginning to bud, and we are motivated to start spring cleaning. While it’s easy to stop at just cleaning and decluttering your home, your finances could benefit from some tidying up, too.
Each month, many of us take inventory of our income and expenses with a budget. Ideally, some funds remain after all your monthly expenses that you can set aside to build your savings. But, if you look closely, you might see even more savings hiding behind those dust bunnies.
Make time to review your budget with a fine-toothed comb. Find patterns or areas in your spending you could get rid of or cut back on. Often, we find we can reduce our bills, slash our online shopping sprees or limit the number of times we eat out.
Unnecessary expenses are the easiest way to clean up your personal finances and pretty soon you will start seeing your savings bloom.