We're Here For You. We're In This Together.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
A Message To Our Members
We want to begin by saying – THANK YOU! Thank you to our members for your strength, patience, and understanding you’ve extended to us over these past few months as we have been taking on several substantial steps to protect our employees, members and community during this difficult time. The health, safety and well-being of our members and employees remains our top priority. This includes your financial well-being.
With the growing impact of the Coronavirus, we have been moving quickly to make sure all of our members have access to the financial services and relief that we know will give them peace of mind. Here are some immediate steps we have taken to help our members during this crisis.
Beginning Monday, June 8, 2020, AFFCU branch lobbies will open by appointment or drive-thru services. * Note, the AFFCU-Ingram branch will be limited to drive-thru services only. Members have full access to their funds at all branch drive-thru lanes, ATMs, and ITMs. Drive-thru lanes are open Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CT and Saturday from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM CT.
*Note: The AFFCU-Main Branch on JBSA-Lackland will be CLOSED on Saturdays. The AFFCU-Columbus, Mississippi Branch hours are Monday – Friday 9 AM to 4 PM and CLOSED on Saturdays.*
Here are several ways you can access your accounts and complete all your financial transactions:
- Full-Service ATMs – Full access to deposit and withdraw your funds, and the majority of your traditional banking transactions. Click here to view all ATM locations.
- ITMs – Click here to view ITM services available at our AFFCU-Schertz Branch, AFFCU-Valley Hi Branch, and AFFCU-Columbus Branch.
- Drive-Thru Lanes – Click here to view all AFFCU drive-thru locations.
- CO-OP Branch and ATM Network – Click here to view the over 30,000 ATMs. Click here to view the nearly 5,000 Shared Branches worldwide (please note, many financial institutions are offering branch drive-thru services only).
- Online Banking – Click here to access your Online Banking account 24/7, or click here to enroll today.
- Mobile App – Download the Go AFFCU mobile app in the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Bank By Phone – Call 800.227.5328. Note, you may experience greater hold times than usual. We are working hard to assist every member as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Email – Email us anytime at email@example.com
Member Contact Center
- Our Member Contact Center representatives are ready to assist you, Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CT and Saturdays from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM CT. Call us toll-free at 800.227.5328.
We know this is a difficult time, and we want our members to know that we are here for you always. We live, work and play in the same local communities as you. If you or your family are experiencing financial hardship due to the impact of the Coronavirus, do not hesitate to reach out. Our lines of communication are open, and we are always here for you.
Request a Virtual Appointment
You can schedule a Virtual Appointment for Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CT and Saturday from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM CT. Tell us what you’d like to accomplish or need help with and an AFFCU financial representative will be in touch to confirm your virtual appointment. Friendly financial representatives are just a few clicks away! They can assist with just about every branch lobby service there is.
Request a Branch Lobby Appointment
Lobby Access by Appointment
- Beginning Monday, June 8, 2020, AFFCU branch lobbies will open by appointment or drive-thru services only. * Note, the AFFCU-Ingram branch will be limited to drive-thru services only.
- Appointment times will be available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CT and Saturday from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM CT, and will be no more than 90 minutes.
- Late appointments of more than 15 minutes will be canceled to ensure we safely serve all scheduled members.
- In-person appointments can be scheduled by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 210.678.5208.
- To ensure the safety and well being of our employees, screening questions will be asked while scheduling the appointment.
Branch Lobby Safety Measures
- Lobby doors will remain locked during business hours, and member verification will be required prior to entry into any AFFCU branch building.
- Masks will be required for staff and vendors, and highly encouraged for you, our member.
- Signage is in place throughout the branches to promote social distancing guidelines.
- Acrylic shields are installed at where members complete transactions.
- Restrooms and refreshments, such as coffee and water, will not be available during the appointment times.
- Making hand sanitizer and tissues available throughout our branches.
- Extra steps are in place to disinfect high touch areas after every member visit.
- Asking employee and members who feel ill or have been in a contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive to stay home.
For all other services, we can assist you in our drive-thru lanes or over the phone at 800.227.5328.
Financial Relief For Our Members
Loan Relief Measures
We are temporarily offering several emergency loan relief programs to assist our members who are encountering financial hardship due to the impact of the Coronavirus.
- Loan Extension Program
You can now skip your payments for the next 60 days on your eligible AFFCU loan without paying a fee, and we are making the application process easy and stress-free. Simply call our Member Contact Center, answer a few questions and you’re done! If you would like to request a loan extension on your AFFCU loan, call us today at 800.227.5328. * Important: Interest will continue to accrue during the deferment period. Payment relief offer does not represent debt forgiveness.
- Pandemic/Disaster Loan
We are offering a special loan for those members encountering financial hardship, and are in need of help with the basics, such as groceries and gas. Click here to learn more and apply today.
- Auto Loan Payment Relief
Whether you’re refinancing your existing auto loan, or buying a new or used car, we are here to help. We have extended our payment period, to no payment being required for the next 90 days. Take a much needed break from your car payment for the next 3 months. Click here to learn more and apply today.
- Paycheck Protection Program: AFFCU is now an SBA lender and can help your small business. A Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan can help with expenses that can include payroll costs, group health care benefits, mortgage interest, rent, and utilities. Click here to learn more and apply today.
In an effort to help our members and make life a little easier during these difficult times, the following enhancements are now available and fees will be waived effective immediately:
- Overdraft transfer fee ($2.00).
- No limits on transfers from Savings accounts.
- AFFCU ATM inquiry and transaction fee at non-AFFCU and no-COOP ATM ($1.00).
Popmoney, the person-to-person personal payment service is now available for FREE. Use this service to pay via email or text. Access Popmoney through Bill Pay inside CyberMAT. To learn more about Popmoney, click here.
Economic Impact Payments (EIP)
- Direct deposit payments for government EIP or stimulus checks have started going out the week of April 12. If you’re eligible, the IRS will either send you a deposit via direct deposit or a paper check. Please check CyberMAT online banking or the Go AFFCU Mobile App to view any pending payments. Visit https://www.irs.gov for additional details or clarifications.
- The IRS has started issuing EIP and CARES Act funds on a pre-paid debit card (EIP Card). This card requires a PIN and members can request a cash advance at an AFFCU branch. Identification is required when completing a cash advance request. Visit www.eipcard.com for additional details or clarifications about the EIP cards.
*Cash advances are limited to the funds available on the card and a $5 fee is assessed after the first bank/credit union cash withdrawal (advance). It is the responsibility of the member to understand the restrictions on their card
- Loan Extension Program
Educating Our Members
- Stay up to date on the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has up-to-date information about COVID-19. Visit the CDC to learn more about COVID-19 and how to protect yourself and your loved ones.
- Learn how to spot a scammer. Scammers may try to take advantage of your fears of the Coronavirus by offering fake products, fake medical advice, creating fake charities, or urging you to click a fraudulent link to gain access to your device. Here’s what you need to know to protect yourself from scammers.
- Safeguard your personal information. Fraudsters are using a variety of modern methods in an attempt to gather your sensitive data, such as social security numbers, bank account information, and dates of birth. Check out our article in the April eCurrency Newsletter to learn how to better protect your identity.
- Protect yourself from Economic Impact Payment (Stimulus Check) Scams. After the announcement of the federal stimulus package, scammers have wasted no time trying to cash in on the COVID-19 pandemic. The U.S. Postal Inspection Service (USPIS) has created helpful Public Service Announcement videos to keep you informed and your funds in your wallet. Watch the videos here.