How it works
A money market account at AFFCU earns higher dividends than that of a basic savings account, and allows you to access your cash when you need it most. The larger the deposit, the higher the interest rate in exchange. For AFFCU money market accounts, you’ll need to deposit at least $2,500 in order to earn the higher rate.
You can make an unlimited number of deposits on the account. You can also make up to 6 withdrawals and transfers each month so you can access your cash when you need it, and still have the opportunity to keep earning more on your savings.
- Open your account with a minimum of $2,500
- No minimum required for check withdrawals
- Make unlimited deposits
- Earn a higher interest rate than a regular savings account
“AFFCU is awesome! They treat me like family whenever I walk into any branch. They care about your financial situation and take the time to help you improve your credit."Joe Fernandez, member since 2013Start saving more
Open your account right here, right nowOpen Account
Type Money Market RatesRates Effective as of: 03-23-2019
Account Minimum Balance Dividend Rates APY* Money Market Account Up to $2,500.00 0.050% 0.05% Open Account $2,500.01 – $25,000.00 0.250% 0.25% $25,000.01 – $50,000.00 0.250% 0.25% $50,000.01 – $100,000.00 0.250% 0.25% $100,000.00 and up 0.250% 0.25%
* APY = Annual Percentage Yield as of June 1, 2018
- Dividends Compounded: Monthly. Dividends Credited: Monthly. Balance Computation Method: Dividends are calculated using the daily balance method. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principle in the account each day. Limitations: Minimum $5.00 opening balance required. Minimum $250 daily balance required to avoid $10.00 monthly service fee.