It's never too soon to start saving for the future
An IRA Share Certificate from AFFCU can help you maximize your tax benefits. It’s a great way to get all the benefits of an IRA with added security, flexibility and higher dividend rates. For those who have an old 401(k) retirement account still lingering from a previous employer, here’s a great solution for you!
With a variety of certificate options and terms to choose from, you can be sure to find the certificate that best fits your financial budget. You can open with as little as $1,000, terms are available from 1 to 7 years, and you can earn tax-deferred or tax-exempt interest.
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield are of the effective date and subject to change at any time without notice. $1,000 opening balance required. The APY is based on the assumption that dividends will remain on deposit in the share certificate until maturity. Dividends compounded and credited monthly. Daily balance computation method. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principle in the account each day. Penalty will be imposed for early withdrawal. Fees could reduce earnings on the account. You should seek the advice of your own tax advisor with respect to your particular circumstances. Membership eligibility required.
- Earn up to 1.80% APY* on a 2-Year Term
- Step 1: Open Your IRA Account Online or In-Person
- Step 2: Request an IRA Share Certificate
- Step 3: Watch Your Money Grow! Learn More
“I came into to apply for a car loan and got it. I’m very excited for the opportunity to drive something new. Thanks AFFCU!”Jordan Olson, member since 2017Get started
Open an IRA online or in person at one of our branchesCall Today
Savings Interactive Lesson
Learn how to save so you can contribute more to your share certificate through the AFFCU Financial Education Center. Learn about setting savings goals and how to start saving.GET STARTED
Type IRA Share Certificate RatesRates Effective as of: 04-05-2020
Term Minimum Balance: $1,000 $2,500 $12,500 $25,000 $100,000 1 Year Dividend Rates 1.391% 1.440% 1.490% 1.539% 1.588% APY 1.40% 1.45% 1.50% 1.55% 1.60% 2 Years Dividend Rates 1.539% 1.588% 1.638% 1.687% 1.736% APY 1.55% 1.60% 1.65% 1.70% 1.75% 3 Years Dividend Rates 1.638% 1.687% 1.736% 1.785% 1.834% APY 1.65% 1.70% 1.75% 1.80% 1.85% 5 Years Dividend Rates N/A 1.736% 1.785% 1.834% 1.884% APY 1.75% 1.80% 1.85% 1.90% 7 Years Dividend Rates N/A 1.933% 1.982% 2.031% 2.080% APY 1.95% 2.00% 2.05% 2.10%
-The preceding rates are of the effective date and subject to change at any time without notice. For updated information, inquire at any branch office or contact 210.673.5610 or 800.227.5328.
- APY = Annual Percentage Yield
- Dividends Compounded: Monthly. Dividends Credited: Monthly. Balance Computation Method: Dividends are calculated using the daily balance method. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principle in the account each day. Fees: Penalty will be imposed for early withdrawal. Fees could reduce earnings on the account. Limitations: Minimum $1,000 opening balance is required. You should seek the advice of your own tax advisor with respect to your particular circumstances. Membership eligibility required.